The wife of missing Faversham diver Ben Moss says the search for him off the Dover coast has been called off


The heartbroken wife of a diver from Faversham who went missing off the coast of Dover says the search for him has been called off. Ben Moss is understood to have last been seen scuba diving at St Margaret’s Bay at around 11.30am yesterday morning (March 12). A rescue operation was then launched at 12.50pm as five lifeboats and two Coastguard helicopters were called into action. Multiple assets from HM Coastguard, RNLI and other vessels carried out an “extensive search” throughout the day before suspending it at nightfall. Read More
Crews, including Coastguard rescue teams from Margate and Deal and RNLI Walmer Lifeboats, then resumed the search for Mr Moss again at 12pm today (March 13). His wife Rosie Moss initially made a plea on Facebook urging people to look out for her husband but has since updated the post to say the search has now ended. ‘Please allow us to grieve’

Diver Ben Moss was reported missing on Monday morning
(Image: Facebook)
She wrote: “Thank you so much for all your kindness and support. Sadly the search has been terminated. “Please allow us to grieve. Ben darling I miss you. “Please report any sightings to the Coastguard on 999.” ‘Our hearts are breaking’

Ben Moss pictured with wife Rosie in 2014
(Image: Facebook)
Mrs Moss had previously posted saying: “This is a desperate plea. My husband and my babies’ daddy is missing. He was last seen scuba diving off the Dover coast at 11.30am yesterday. “Please please look for him if you or anyone you know are out on the water or by the coast. “The coastguard called off the search at 9pm yesterday but while there’s hope I will dare to hope. Please help me find him. “Our hearts are breaking.”

Walmer’s Atlantic 85 Donald McLachlan was launched at 12:50pm yesterday
(Image: RNLI/Christopher Winslade)
‘We have now stood down the search’ A spokesman for HM Coastguard said: “After extensive searches today and yesterday, we have now stood down the search for the missing diver off the Dover coast. “The family are aware and at this time our thoughts are with them. “We would like to thank all of the rescue teams who took part in the search effort. “This is now a missing person incident and for all further enquiries, please contact Kent Police.” Read More
‘He failed to return to the boat’ A Kent Police spokesman said: “Detectives are carrying out enquiries after a man was reported missing from a boat in Dover. “The man in his 40s was diving in the English Channel on Monday 12 March when he failed to return to the boat. “He was reported missing to Kent Police at 3.40pm.”Officers are working with partner agencies to establish the circumstances of the incident and locate the missing diver.” Anyone with information that could assist with the enquiries is asked to call Kent Police on 101 quoting reference 12-0844.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here